Ackers Point Resort is about helping you to make memories filled with good old-fashioned summer fun, and relaxation. Interested in staying with us? We would love to have you.
Below are guidelines and tips that our guests find helpful to having the best Ackers Point experience.
Please make yourself at home!
John & Carole Smith
Graham Smith & Amy Young
COTTAGE LOCATION. Looking for your cottage? Look at our aerial map here.
ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE. Our cottages rent by the week, from Saturday, 2 pm, to Saturday, 10 am, during the summer. Weekend rentals are available in Spring & Fall.
LINENS. Bath towels and linens can be provided for $30/bed. Let us know ahead of time if needed.
PARKING. Loading and unloading next to your cottage is fine, but park in the parking lot unless it is listed below. This allows all our guests access to paths and clear views of the lake. Please do not drive or park in grass; there are soft areas that are unable to support a car’s weight.
Parking allowed in driveways of Double Deck, Elms, Mac’s Place, & Willows II.
BILLING. For weekly renters, bills are due on the Thursday of your stay between 1-4 pm or by other arrangement. Bills will be waiting in our office/store. We accept cash, check or credit card via PayPal.
CLEAN UP & DEPARTURE. Departure time is 10 am. Our guests endeavor to leave their cottage and grounds in the same state as when they arrived (thank you!). Here is a helpful checklist:
- Please take all of your belongings (including food, supplies, toiletries, etc.).
- All cottage items (cookware, dining ware, etc.) should be clean and returned to their rightful place. If you share any items with another cottage, please return it before departure.
- All garbage and recycling should go into the dumpster or recycling cans near the green barn. Barry County does not recycle cardboard, but we will recycle newspapers if they are brought to the store in paper bags.
- Line wastebaskets with plastic bags.
- Wipe down all surfaces.
- Sweep before you leave.
We do not like to charge extra cleaning fees, so please be considerate of our cleaning crew and quick turnaround for new arrivals.
PET GUIDELINES. Pets are welcome for an additional fee. We are one of the only pet-friendly establishments in this area and to remain so, we need to accommodate pet and non-pet families. Please note that our Lakeview, Treetop and Top Deck cottages are now pet-free. Let us know if you’re planning on bringing your furry family member.
- Problem breeds are not allowed (Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Dobermans, German Shepherds, etc.) or any dog with an unpredictable temperament or aggressive behavior.
- Dogs are not allowed at the beach for the safety and comfort of all guests. A dog “beach” is located near the front of the Lodge.
- No pets are allowed in the Lodge
- Please provide a pet bed, or bring blankets for your pets to minimize hair and fur on furniture.
- Do not allow your dog to bark or chew on cottage furniture for extended periods of time.
- Dogs should be leashed (unless at the dog beach) while outside.
- If you have visitors, they may NOT bring a dog.
- We reserve the right to ask any pet to leave if we deem it a potential risk or nuisance.
- All pet owners are held liable for their pet, and accountable for the safety of all guests in regards to their animal(s).
SMOKING POLICY. There is NO SMOKING in any buildings, which includes any enclosed porches. Dispose of all cigarette butts properly.
SPEED LIMIT. For everyone’s safety and ease-of-mind the speed limit is 5 miles an hour.
DRINKING WATER. Our water is safe and delicious. It is tested twice a year by the Health Department and there are no bottles to recycle.
WATER FUN. We have a two person kayak, canoe, and paddleboat for guest use. Life jacket use is required for all watercraft and can be found in the dock box in front of Lodge. Paddles are located in the Store. Please return items and make sure watercraft is secured on land. Licensed rowboats and motors are available for rent.
Our small swimming beach is for all guests, including the swim dock, rafts, and sunning deck. There is no lifeguard on the premises and guests are responsible for their own safety, their children, and any day guests. No pets are allowed at this beach.
COMPLIMENTARY RESORT ITEMS. Guests have access to most of our grounds, picnic tables, lawn chairs, grills, board games, extra kitchen supplies, etc. Borrow any items but return after use. Feel free to have a campfire at our campfires site located on our grassy front lawn.
CANDY STORE. We sell candy and ice cream in our store in the Lodge. It is self-service. Please help yourself and your children as needed and bring change! Hours are noon-9 pm.
LODGE ACCESS. Guests are welcome to use the Lodge. There are board games, books, and puzzles in the Store. Lodge closes at dark and please clean up after yourself. Contact us if you would like to use the dining porch (seats 40) for large gatherings.
GUESTBOOK. Please sign our guestbook in the Store, a tradition started in 1918.
WI-FI ACCESS. There is limited wi-fi access in and around the Lodge.
DAY GUESTS. We love meeting new friends, but please check with us if you would like to bring day guests as our beach is small.
SEVERE WEATHER. In case of severe weather, please turn on 590 AM or 103.3 FM for local updates. Ackers Point is located in Barry county, approximately 8 miles of Hastings, and 25 miles southeast of Kalamazoo. In case of a tornado, seek shelter in the Basement of the Twin Oaks or Beeches.